Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation
I originally bought this product when I was looking at the Miracle Touch foundation, which I have used before but the colour could sometimes be a bit off. What persuaded me to buy this was that it came in the shade 'light ivory', which appealed to me because I never seem to be able to find a foundation to match my pale skin tone, even those foundations that claim to 'adapt' to your skin always left me looking a bit orange. I was also intrigued about the 'primer, foundation and concealer in one' aspect because I do normally wear all three.
The first thing I noticed when I used this foundation is that it is quite thick, and so it was quite hard to apply using my normal method (a Real Techniques Stipple Brush), and it also left my skin looking a bit dull. I remedied this by adding a small amount of Bourjois Healthy Mix Liquid Foundation in shade 51 and this made me look a bit more 'awake' and also made the MaxFactor foundation a bit thinner so it was easier to apply. The finish was better than any foundation I had ever tried and the coverage too. I have really bad skin and although you can still tell when wearing this foundation, it is definitely better than any other I have tried for covering up the worst of my blemishes.
As for staying power, I have been out in the rain (with a hood on) and it has stayed pretty well minus a little rubbing off on the nose, maybe adding a make-up fixer would improve staying power if you were wearing this on a hot or rainy day.
On the whole though, it is the best foundation I have tried for finish, coverage and staying power, and I have tried a LOT of foundations from this and other brands.
October 1, 2012
Great idea, but not great on my skin:
Firstly the packaging is great, it's very professional looking, and it's up there with some of the high end cosmetics. It smells like paint, which doesn't bother me, but it may not be to everyone's taste.
This foundation claims to be a primer, concealer, and a foundation all in one. This is a fantastic idea but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
Let's start with some of the good points:
1) I got this in light ivory because I have pale skin, and I'm glad to say the colour is only slightly darker than my skin - Nothing a little blending can't help.
2) I've already mentioned the packaging, but I'm impressed, it really does look so professional.
Unfortunately that's where the good points end.
1) I tried applying this with a foundation brush, but it just wouldn't blend into the skin, it seemed to sit on top and it showed every dry patch I didn't even know I had.
2) I tried re-applying this product with my hands, but unfortunately this didn't help either. The foundation started to separate and little beads seemed to form on my chin and around my nose.
3) I couldn't really tell you whether this product had good staying power because unfortunately it looked so bad that I had to take it off straight away. I wish I could love this foundation because I really love the idea of 3 in one, but it didn't sit well on my skin.
I can't really tell you whether you should buy this or not because everyone's skin is different. It may look amazing on some people, but this just wasn't the case for me.
October 1, 2012
fantastic coverage with a lovely finish
Wow..love this foundation. Normally buy the Max Factor Elixir but decided to go for this instead..So glad I did! Coverage is great. I never get spots but for some reason im having a breakout right now so needed something that would cover well.This didn't disappoint. Also dried to a lovely matt finish without being dry. felt smooth and looked fresh all day. will definitely be buying this again once its finished . my new fav foundation!
October 1, 2012