Boots Smooth Care Warm Wax Kit for Sensitive Skin 250ml
Save 1/3 on selected Smoothcare
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Our easy to use wax gel kit will leave your skin silky smooth for up to 4 weeks.
Formulated with soothing aloe vera, the gel is suitable for sensitive skin.
Use with our specially designed spatula which contains a temperature gauge and follow by simply rinsing away any excess wax with water.
The kit contains 250ml wax gel, 12 re-usable strips, 1 spatula with temperature gauge, 1 instruction leaflet.
Designed for use on legs, underarms, bikini line and arms.
How to use
For best results, hair should be at least 5 mm long.
It is very important that you apply the wax with the spatula in a VERY THIN LAYER (thinner than with a traditional wax).
Before use, make sure that the skin is clean, dry and free from creams and oils, and not irritated.
Do not allow the wax to come into contact with water or it will not work effectively.
HEATING THE WAX
Only use one of the methods to heat the wax: either the water bath or the microwave. Do not mix the different methods even if you reuse the wax in different sessions.
ALWAYS remove the lid and seal before heating the wax.
After heating the wax take care when lifting the tub as it may be hot. It is recommended that a heat proof glove be used to move the pot after heating.
HOW TO TEST THE TEMPERATURE OF THE WAX
a) Use the end of the spatula with the blue thermochromic indicator spot to stir the wax for a minute, starting from the centre and stirring towards the outside of the jar.
b) If after a minute the X appears clearly, the wax is too hot (please note that the blue colour does not disappear completely as the temperature rises - the wax is too hot when the X is clearly visible, not when the blue colour disappears).
Wait until it cools. Check the temperature again, stirring the wax again with the spatula. The wax can be safely used when the X is covered by the blue colour.
To cool the wax more quickly, stir it carefully with the spatula.
c) Always check the temperature of the wax by applying a small patch on the inside of your wrist. When waxing your legs, test a small patch on your lower leg. If it feels too hot, run cold water over the wax to cool down.
1. HEATING USING A WATER BATH
Place sufficient water in a saucepan, making sure that the level of the water is not higher than the level of the wax in the jar, and not allowing the jar to float.
When the water has boiled, turn down the heat to a minimum, add the jar and heat according to the instructions indicated in the table.
Do not allow the saucepan to boil dry, or water to get into contact with the wax, or the wax to boil, as this will stop the wax from working effectively.
After heating the wax take care when lifting the jar as it may be hot. It is recommended that a heat proof glove be used to remove the pot from the saucepan after heating.
1. Heating using a water bath
Full Jar 10 minutes
Half-full jar 5 minutes
2. HEATING USING A MICROWAVE
Always check the heating times using a clock with a second hand to ensure that the wax is safe to use.
Heat the wax in the microwave oven according the times in the following table:
700W - Full jar 40 seconds, Half-full jar 20 seconds
850W - Full jar 30 seconds, Half-full jar 15 seconds
1000W - Full jar 20 seconds, Half-full jar 10 seconds
2. Heating using a microwave
Microwave power rating: 700W 850W 1000W
Full jar 40 seconds 30 seconds 20 seconds
Half-full jar 20 seconds 15 seconds 10 seconds
PLEASE NOTE: The times given are approximate and may vary depending on the specific wattage and type of microwave
After heating the wax leave it to stand for 1 minute in the microwave before removing.
WARNING: Always hold the jar in a vertical position when removing it from the microwave oven, trying not to tip it, as the wax will be hot. It is recommended that a heat proof glove be used to move the pot after heating.
If the wax is overheated, the jar may deform or the wax boil over and damage the microwave. If this happens, DO NOT TOUCH THE JAR and leave it to cool down.
APPLYING AND REMOVING THE WAX
If you have no previous experience with waxing, we recommend you start with waxing your legs. You should only wax sensitive zones, like underarms and bikini area, when you have more experience.
In these sensitive zones we recommend you do not wax the same area of skin twice in a single waxing session.
1. Using the spatula, apply a very thin layer of wax to the skin in the direction of hair growth. The thinner the layers of wax are, the better the result will be.
2. The area covered by the wax must be smaller than the strip. Never cover your whole leg with wax in a single application.
3. Leave the spatula resting on the rim on the inside of the jar: it supports the spatula, avoiding any mess, and can be used to remove excess wax from the spatula.
4. Place the strip on the layer of wax straight away, making sure that at least 1cm at the end of the strip is free of wax. Apply the strip on the wax in the direction of hair growth (from knee to ankle on the legs).
5. Immediately, hold the skin taut with one hand and grasp the end of the strip with the other. With a single swift motion, pull off the strip in the direction against hair growth (from the ankle to the knee on the legs).
Never pull the strip upwards, but always keep it parallel and as close to the skin as possible. To ease any discomfort, apply pressure on the skin with your hands. Repeat as many times as necessary.
6. The same material strip can be used several times.
1. Use the spatula to apply the wax.
2. Apply the wax from the knee towards the ankle.
3. Remove the wax from the ankle towards the knee.
To reduce extra dampness we recommend applying talcum powder before applying the wax.
1. Cut the strip to a suitable size.
Underarm hair tends to grow in two different directions, and therefore has to be removed in two stages.
2. Raise the elbow and move it back. Hold the skin taut with the hand of the same arm.
3. Use the spatula to apply the wax.
4. To wax the upper part of the underarm, apply thin layers of wax upward towards the elbow.
5. To wax the lower part of the underarm, apply the wax in the opposite direction.
6. Remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
1. Cut the strips to a size that is suitable for the size of the area you wish to wax.
2. Use the spatula to apply the wax.
3. Holding the skin taut, apply a thin layer of wax in the direction of hair growth.
4. Remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth
Any wax left on the skin can be removed with water
After using, the material strips can be rinsed out with water alone and dried, they can then be reused in future waxing sessions.
Remove any wax left on the spatula with warm water and dry it, the spatula can then be reused.
While cleaning it is important that no water comes into contact with the wax left in the jar as it will not work so well afterwards.
If there is any wax left over for another waxing session:
- DO NOT leave the spatula in the wax after using it.
- Clean the spatula on the edge of the jar.
- Reduce the heating time according to the amount of wax left in the jar.
Hazards and Cautions
Please follow the directions for use and detailed precautions on the leaflet inside the carton.
Keep out of the reach of children.
DO NOT OVERHEAT THE WAX. OVERHEATED WAX MAY CAUSE BURNS.
FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDED HEATING TIMES (TIMED USING A WATCH WITH A SECOND HAND).
ALWAYS REMOVE THE LID AND PROTECTIVE SEAL BEFORE HEATING THE WAX.
If you get overheated wax on your skin, hold under cold running water for 10 minutes and seek immediate medical advice.
DO NOT use on varicose veins, moles, spots or irritated, broken or sunburned skin.
May not be suitable for skin that bruises easily.
Avoid use during pregnancy.
Waxing is not suitable for the elderly, diabetics or people taking oral retinoids.
Designed for use on legs, underarms, bikini line, and arms. DO NOT USE on facial hair, chest, perianal or genital area.
Slight discomfort or small red blotchy marks may appear after use. This should disappear after a few hours, if not seek medical advice.
DO NOT use on sensitive areas such as underarms or bikini line until you have perfected the technique elsewhere.
DO NOT sunbathe or use a sunbed for at least 24 hours after use. Wait 2 hours after bathing before use.
BEFORE USE test your skin reaction by applying the wax to a small area you wish to treat, following directions for use. If, after 24 hours, there is no adverse reaction, begin using.
BEFORE EVERY USE test a small patch on the inside of your wrist. When waxing your legs, test a small patch on your lower leg. If it feels too hot, run cold water over the wax to cool down.
AFTER WAXING it is not recommended to apply deodorants or alcohol based products to the treated area for 24 hours after use.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. DO NOT INGEST
Glucose, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Citric acid, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Parfum, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 42090